safety in the workplace
Our Commitment to safety
As a Certificate of Recognition (COR™) certified company, health and safety in the workplace is TYBO’s top priority. We believe that every employee in the construction industry is entitled to a safe and healthy work environment and we are determined to not only be the most efficient construction company, but the safest.
TYBO’s Occupational Health and Safety Committee implements an Occupational Health and Safety Policy whose focus is on the prevention of accidents, the reduction of health risks, the prevention of property damage, the reduction of down time and the overall improvement of working conditions.
The key components are:
- Management initiation and leadership in the development and establishment of the safety policy
- Safety Audits (inspections, tool box meetings, investigations, statistics) to develop general safety rules and standard safe work procedures
- Training and new worker orientation
- Enforcement, monitoring and feedback on rules and procedures.
tybo contracting ltd. is commited to protecting the environment in all aspects of our operations. to ensure this, we have implemented environmental controls in our daily procedures.
Tybo implements measures and special care to prevent materials, equipment and employees from entering the drip line of protected trees and to prevent soil erosion, which is hazardous to fish spawning grounds, and from entering any watercourse.
We are currently replacing all older equipment with Tier 4 Interm Technology, which not only reduces diesel fuel consumption, but also reduces exhaust gas particular matter (PM) by 90% and Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) by 45%.
We Work alongside
- Ministry Of Transportation And Infrastructure
- Cp Rail
- BC Rail
- BC Hydro
- Trans Mountain Pipeline
- Ministry Of Transportation
- Transportation Investment Corporation
- Resort Municipality of Whistler
- City of White Rock
- City of Langley
- City of North Vancouver
- City of Vancouver
- City of Prince George
- City of Surrey
- City of Burnaby
- City of Chilliwack
- City of New Westminster
- City of Richmond
- City of Kelowna
- City of Kamloops