As a C.O.R certified company health and safety in the workplace is our top priority. We believe that every employee in the construction industry is entitled to a safe and healthy work environment and we are determined to not only be the most efficient construction company, but the safest.
Tybo’s Occupational Health and Safety Committee implements an Occupational Health and Safety Policy whose focus is on the prevention of accidents, the reduction of health risks, the prevention of property damage, the reduction of down time and the overall improvement of working conditions.
Its key components are:
- Management initiation and leadership in the development and establishment of the safety policy.
- Safety Audits (inspections, tool box meetings, investigations, statistics) to develop general safety rules and standard safe work procedures.
- Training and new worker orientation.
- Enforcement, monitoring and feedback for works on rules and procedures.
Tybo Contracting Ltd. is committed to protecting the environment in all aspects of our operations.
To ensure this, we have implemented environmental controls in our daily procedures.
- Tybo employs numerous environmental monitors, when needed, to work closely with engineering firms and municipalities to ensure sensitive areas are treated carefully.
- Tybo implements measures and special care to prevent materials, equipment and employees from entering the drip line of protected trees and to prevent soil erosion, which is hazardous to fish spawning grounds, and from entering any watercourse.
- We are currently replacing all older equipment with Tier 4 Interm Technology, which not only reduces diesel fuel consumption, but also reduces exhaust gas particular matter (PM) by 90% and Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) by 45%.